Communications and Electronics Branch Commendation
1. The C & E Branch Commendation was established in 1997 to recognize and acknowledge the hard work, dedication and exceptional contributions to the goals and objectives of the C and E Branch.
2. The following describes the administrative procedures pertaining to the commendation:
- Purpose. The Branch Commendation recognizes personal achievement, effort and dedication directly related to the C and E Branch that do not qualify for higher award;
- Eligibility. All employees of the Branch, both military and civilian and holders of honourary appointments are eligible to receive the Branch Commendation, as are units or sections of a unit. Additionally, members or units of other commands or branches who directly provide a service in support of the C and E Branch may be nominated for a Branch Commendation;
- Security Classification. Units shall prepare recommendations using CFAO 18-4 as a guide and shall submit the completed Annex B and C of CFAO 18-4 with their submission. A copy of the MPRR in lieu of Annex C is acceptable. The recommendations shall be designated PROTECTED B unless national security dictates otherwise. It shall be divulged on a need to know basis only;
- Narrative Length. The narrative for a Branch Commendation should be limited to one half page of text and shall not exceed one page. The emphasis will be on quality vice quantity;
- Endorsement. The commanding officer and the group/formation shall endorse recommendations before they are submitted to the Branch Adviser;
- Transmitting Submissions. Submissions forwarded to the Branch adviser for consideration shall be addressed to NDHQ OTTAWA//C and E Branch Secretariat- Tunney's Pasture, with the inner envelope marked "TO BE OPENED BY THE BRANCH SECRETARIAT". The Branch Secretariat shall acknowledge receipt by notifying the sponsoring unit and advising them of when the submission will be considered;
- Review Board. Submissions will be reviewed and evaluated by the Branch Advisory Committee (BAC) chaired by the Branch Adviser;
- When reviewing nominations, members of the BAC will recommend approval, rejection, rework for resubmission or recommendation for another award;
- Announcement. The Branch Secretariat will advise affected units of decision of BAC, i.e approval/rejection of submissions;
- Presentations. The Branch Commendation will be presented by the Branch Adviser or by a delegated officer on a suitable occasion; and
- Duplicate copies of commendation certificates will not be produced except when the original is lost or damaged during the initial shipment/mailing.
3. Any questions or queries should be directed to the C & E Branch Secretariat, NDHQ Ottawa//DGIMO (C & E Branch) at 613-991-3600.